Thursday, March 25, 2010

Tutorial #5: MP3 Player Design

I've always been interested in product design, but assumed that they usually do these sorts of drawings using a 3D program. When I saw this tutorial, I was extra excited.

The tutorial uses almost nothing but blending options to create the 3D effects. It's probably not the most practical way to create this effect, but it certainly worked.

I'm not sure if this is an actual product, but in the middle of my tutorial I noticed something kinda fishy.



APPLE LAWSUIT

My end result was pretty sweet looking though:



Woah! It actually LOOKS LIKE THE EXAMPLE.
I'm rather surprised and pleased with this tutorial. It was easy, clear, and ended up looking fantastic. I wish there was more room to play around, but I don't really have any other complaints.

Just kidding.

One complaint that I did have, was that they were giving you specific dimensions for every step, but never explained how to CREATE those dimensions. I spent a good bit of the tutorial, just trying to figure out how to specify the dimensions of an object. Eventually, I gave up and guessed. It made the tutorial a bit harder to follow, but it still worked. SO WHATEVER.

Length of time: Entire project: 2 hours.
Level: Intermediate.
Clarity:
Handiness:
Cool factor:
Source: http://www.zymic.com/tutorials/photoshop/mp3-player-design/

No comments:

Post a Comment