Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Tutorial #2 - Give Your Photos a Retro Comic Book Effect

I know I said that I was going to post once a day, but that might have been a lie. Lets just say that "A Photoshop A Day" sounds a whole lot better than "A Photoshop Every Once In A While."
I also just realized that "A Photoshop A Day" can be abbreviated as "A PAD."
Now, that's just awesome.

Today's tutorial is Give Your Photos a Retro Comic Book Effect.

I used a Photo that a livejournal friend of mine took a few weeks ago.


I chose not to add the comic style boxes and border, only because I liked the pop-art feel of the photo itself.

The tutorial was extremely easy and informative. Not only would this be a great beginner project, but it also looks super cool.
My only suggestion would be to offset the halftone layer a few nudges. It makes it feel more realistic. Halftones are rarely ever layered perfectly.

Length of time: 5 minutes without the text boxes.
Level: Beginner.
Clarity:
Handiness:
Cool factor:
Source: http://www.photoshoproadmap.com/Photoshop-blog/2007/09/13/give-your-photos-a-retro-comic-book-effect/

No comments:

Post a Comment