Sunday, April 25, 2010

Tutorial #7 - Advanced Glow Effects: With Color Text

Boy, have I ever been busy these last couple weeks. The semester is almost over and the catchup work has been draggin' me down.

But this week's tutorial was another shot at glow effects. Will Advanced Glow Effects: With Color Text stick out among the many failures of Glow Effect tutorials?!?

Final image:



WOAH.
This actually looks somewhat like the example! Any differences were my own design choices. The instructions were helpful and clear and there were many screenshots... EXCEPT in step 9, instead of giving you the exact specifications of the layer styles, they ask you to DOWNLOAD their original file.
NO NO NO NO NO NO
I worked on this tutorial on a train. When I got to step 9, I couldn't continue until I reached a place with internet. I was not pleased.
My suggestion does not go to you, but to the creator of this tutorial. Next time, supply the .psd file at the beginning of the tutorial and explain that it is needed to finish the tutorial.

That is all!

Length of time: 35 minutes.
Level: Intermediate.
Clarity:
Handiness:
Cool factor:
Source: http://photoshoptunes.blogspot.com/2009/12/advanced-glow-effects-with-color-text.html

No comments:

Post a Comment