Monday, April 5, 2010

Tutorial #6: Na'vi Tutorials.

Everyone and their mother has been doing Na'vi tutorials recently. I've found a lot of good ones, a lot of horrible ones, and many in between. Instead of doing one tutorial, I decided to pick and choose things from several.

The tutorials I used, in order of best to worse, were:
Na'vi Avatar Photomanipulation Tutorial
Create James Cameron's AVATAR Movie Poster in Photoshop
Angelina Jolie as Na'Vi from Avatar Movie

Original image:



Final image:



Not bad. Not bad at all.

Each tutorial had its good and bad sides, but worked fantastically when combined. Really, they each had completely different styles. The success of the tutorial depends on what you'd like to take from each. My only tip is to make a lot of copies of your progress. Save often.

And because I always need to complain about something, this tutorial was undoubtedly the worst thing I have ever seen.

Length of time: 6 hours.
Level: Advanced.
Handiness: (I learned a lot.)
Cool factor:

1 comment:

  1. Hi, swarm of visitors can be directed towards Web Design Cochin site real quickly. The actual challenge to face is to maintain that the visitors Thanks....

    ReplyDelete